Sunday, March 11, 2012

Good Hearted People

On Feb. 29th, Zip Car hosted a member's party at Garage (bowling alley/bar) on Capital Hill. Christopher and I were so there bowling it up and eating tasty beef sliders from the Skillet wagon. By the end of the party, I had the high score of 146 in my lane and won a day's worth of zip car driving, woohoo!

We left the party only to find out that some dirty rotten thief had broken into Christopher's truck stealing my backpack (yes, don't tell me i shouldn't have left it in the truck!) They also took his kids' scooter helmets, wrist guards, elbow pads and knee pads. I immediately went into memory mode and called in all my credit/debit cards as stolen and thankfully not a penny was spent. They did try to use one of my credit cards at an atm machine, but no luck.
I started to replace everything I lost like thumb drive, wallet, meds, sunglasses, but was bummed that I wouldn't be able to replace my military id. (the only thing left to replace is my ipod)

So for the good news, I checked my work email last night and there is an email from a gal who found me thru linkedin and sent me a note saying her cousin found the contents of my wallet in a dumpster. Would you believe I have my military id back. I am so stoked!

No comments: