Thursday, November 12, 2015

Kitchen Remodel

Where to begin? This kitchen remodel felt like it came out of nowhere. 

Fast forward to now, I had an unexpected visitor tell me about this company called KT Building Supply. I googled them and if you do too, you will find a lot of negative reviews. I knew my budget and after I went through the quote process, I decided to take the risk.

And here is what I got......

Here's the before for a refresher. Those black countertops are not granite, but laminate with some of the edges peeling off.

I love design and had a really good idea of what I wanted - Shaker style cabinets with a skinny rod pull, quartz countertop, undermount sink, white subway tile back splash, white appliances and wood flooring.
It doesn't have the bells and whistles of a dream kitchen remodel, but as far as I am concerned it has my stamp of approval.

Now let me take you on a little tour....
I have white subway tile all around the kitchen.
 You can see below that the hanging cabinet was removed. It feels so much bigger now.
 I also got rid of the wall oven and the drop-in stove top and put in a range. It also feels brighter and roomier.


For the countertop, I chose a quartz called Bianco Venato. I knew I wanted something white and this looked similar to marble which I absolutely love, but can't afford. Also marble is high maintenance.

For the flooring, I went with Smartcore Rustic Hickory from Lowes. It looks like wood, but it is a vinyl plank flooring that I chose to float right over the existing checker board vinyl. This has been the biggest transformation because I hated that checker board!

And last but not least, the undermount sink. Huge difference, don't you think?


The kitchen is 99% done. I feel like I have been procrastinating trying to find the right 2 shelves to hang, but it will come soon enough.




1 comment:

Unknown said...

I love love LOVE it! Also, a very nice tribute to Christopher <3