Friday, July 1, 2016

Rampart Ridge Trail

Nothing feels as good as hiking boots on my feet, backpack on my back and somewhere to go. Last Sunday, I met up with Darrol to hike the Rampart Ridge Trail in the Mt. Rainier National Park. It's one of Darrol's favorite hikes and I could see why.  A five mile loop with an elevation gain that won't make you feel like you are suffering for one and two - the view at the top is so peaceful on a clear sunny day.
 Because this park is so family friendly, I encourage you to arrive early to avoid the large crowds.

 I think this special tree decided to take up yoga and wanted to do the reverse pose Viparita Virabhadrasana

 This hike started in Longmire.

 Vista view point. Wouldn't hurt if that tree decided to fall down.
 Mr. Chipmunk aka timber tiger decided I was easy pickings for lunch. He enjoyed all of my leftover nuts.

 When in Longmire, start the loop going left so that when you descend you see this instead of having it to your back.

 When I left the park at 2pm, the line to get in at the Nisqually Entrance was super LONG! Note to self: Good job for waking up early! I will be back soon!



No comments: