Thursday, March 16, 2017

Let's Go High - Off to High Hut

I didn't hike as much as I'd liked in February because after driving into a snow ditch for the attempt to hike Copper Creek Hut I got really sick. My body was just spent and being horizontal was the only place I could go. Thankfully, it passed 2 weeks later and I had enough energy to hike High Hut on February 25. Hiking to the huts are fun because 1. when you reach your destination you get to go inside and eat lunch in a warm building and 2. there are toilets. So not the case on most hikes!
My goal was to hike all 4 huts and so far I am 2 out of 4. There's Copper Creek Hut, High Hut, Snow Bowl Hut and the Yurt which are all part of the Mt. Tahoma Trails Association.






If you get a chance on a clear sunny winter day check out the huts. It's definitely a rewarding hike!

No comments: