Monday, June 28, 2010

Skokomish Hike











No craftiness going on last weekend....we headed up to the Olympic National Forest and hiked 14 miles roundtrip to Camp Pleasant and hiked 2 additional scenic miles. It felt just like old times putting on my Osprey pack. This time it only weighed around 15 pounds and the weather was unbelievable. Perfect for all that hiking and no rain...yay no rain!!!

Rory joined us and I don't think he's ever hiked in the back country before so he got to experience all the fun aches and pains that come with backpacking.

I am happy to report that I am in better shape than I thought. My legs felt strong and my feet felt the ache, but nothing unbearable like your toenails banging against the roof of your shoe starting the formation of hammer toe! (no, i don't have hammer toe. got rid of those shoes fast!)

Hiking the Skokomish River is good for the soul. The sound of rushing water, a variety of birds, beautiful Cedar trees add to the experience. My favorite parts were when we crossed rivers and creeks and enjoyed a breather while snapping away on my camera.
Check out the rest of the photos on my flickr link on the left or click here http://www.flickr.com/photos/39360284@N06/sets/72157624249503813/
Sandy

No comments: