Monday, January 3, 2011

01.03.11

Today was one of those days where everything just felt right. We had planned to go snowshoeing on Saturday, but didn't make it, so we rescheduled for Monday since I had the day off. Woke up on time, packed and headed out to Alpental for a beautiful day trip. The weather was so perfect -cloudless blue skies, no wind and lots of sun. For Christmas, my dad had given us hand and toe warmers in our stockings and I knew I would love these little things. My hands were nice and toasty! Would totally recommend :)

We started on the Snow Lake Trailhead and of course snowshoeing is not snowshoeing to Christopher unless he gets off the beaten trail. We took a detour which felt like skiing down a fluffy slope. After we crossed a little creek, we had to climb up a 7 ft. bank which was hilarious for me in snow shoes. It took about 3 tries and many pushes from Christopher to get me over the top.

Spent 2 hours tramping through the snow and made it back to our truck ready for sustenance. What should we eat? Well, soup sounded good to me, but we ended up going to an asian grocery store to make homemade pad thai for dinner. It was delicious and hit the spot. Naturally, a nap ensued. I wish I had more pictures to share, but the battery started to die midway through.
I had such an enjoyable 4 day weekend. It's going to be hard going back to work, but at least I have some awesome memories to make me smile.
xoxo,
sandy

1 comment:

Linda said...

I am picturing Christopher pushing you up and that's making me laugh ! So glad the weather was PERFECT for you both !